Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Cross-Platform Remote Admin Console

2008-07-08 11:29:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Cross-Platform Remote Admin Console
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT redstor DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:09:52 -0500
2008/7/8 Esson, Paul <Paul.Esson AT redstor DOT com>:

We have just installed NBU 6.5.2 on Solaris 10 with a mix of Solaris 10 and Windows Server 2003 Media Servers.  We have a temporary requirement to allow the Windows Media Servers to run the Admin Console with a Change Server to the Master Server.  The only trouble is that the response is dreadful.  The server itself is relatively powerful, DL380 G5, 2 x Quad Core 2.3GHz Intel Xeon processors, 16 GB RAM and 1 GB NIC.

The usual network and performance indicators don't show an issue, but trying to load any information into the console from the EMM takes an age!  Is there anything in particular needs to be tuned here?

We've been doing this for years although we're not at 6.5.2 yet.  I've got a few guesses that you can research:
1.  Make sure reverse DNS is fully functional
2.  Make sure that the admin console is in the master's bp.conf
3.  Make sure that the admin console is in all of the other media servers' bp.conf (or registry as the case may be)
4.  Make sure that if there any firewall rules open for your master to get to all of the media servers that the hole is also open for the admin console.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE