Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Flashbackup vs Normal Backup

2008-07-02 08:14:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Flashbackup vs Normal Backup
From: "Ueli Schweizer" <ueli.schweizer AT agite-software DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:56:19 -0300
Data fragmented on disk will also be backed up fragmented using Flashbackup.
The restore of single files will be slower in this case, because the data
cannot be restored without various tape positioning.

Ueli Schweizer
CTO

AGITE Software AG · Boesch 43 · CH-6331 Huenenberg · Switzerland
Direct: +41 79 204 9190 · Phone: +41 41 781 5678 · Fax: +41 41 781 5677
Ueli.Schweizer AT AGITE-Software DOT com · http://www.AGITE-Software.com

backupVISUAL?...
                    ...we make life on backup easy