Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Anyone heard of 6.5.2a ?

2008-07-01 01:11:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Anyone heard of 6.5.2a ?
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:53:49 +1000

People,

This info pertains to the files I mailed info about earlier.

The three files that you refer to comprise the entire set of code changes that are planned for release in the forthcoming 6.5.2a.

These changes fix two different issues that happen to produce the exact same symptom:

   for a multistreamed policy...
   on a master that has been UPGRADED to 6.5.2...
   if the first schedule to run for that policy is an incremental...
   that incremental will back up ALL files, not just the recently-changed ones.

   (this will only be true for this very first time the policy runs the incremental schedule; subsequent incremental backups of this policy will behave properly)

This info was told to me by support when they mailed me but forgot to mail it out until someone (who prefers not to be named, thanks X) reminded me about the info.

Cheers,

Dominik