Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up CIFs shares

2008-06-26 11:10:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up CIFs shares
From: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT Intl.Telstra DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:24:35 +0100

Hi,

I have come across a problem that I am hoping someone here can assist me with.

I am running a NetBackup environment with one master server and two media servers all running v5.1MP6 (and on Solaris9) these are backing up 250+ clients which are a mixture of Windows, Linux and Solaris and some MSSQL clients; again the clients are running 5.1MP6.

I also have a NetApp filer supplying NAS and San storage to some of the aforementioned clients.

So, my question is how do I set up the NetBackup agent to capture the data that is held within a CIFs share that is being presented to a Windows client? Is this possible with a standard client license?

Backing up the Windows client using the ALL LOCAL DRIVES directive and selecting the Backup network drives box under attributes does not appear to capture the data.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.