Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Client

2008-06-19 11:28:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Client
From: "Jim Horalek" <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>
To: "'Weber, Philip'" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:06:19 -0700
Enterprise Client
Its actually part of the Enterprise Client.
The NetBackup Enterprise Client contains the functionality of the Standard
Client
plus many more advanced features that maximize backup performance while
potentially reducing impact of backups such as Snapshot client (formerly
known as
Advanced Client), SAN Client, SAN Media Server, and VMware Consolidated
Backup functionality.

Standard Client
Formerly known as Protect Server. The NetBackup Standard Client is used to
protect systems. A "server" provides services to more than one user and is
considered a group or company resource controlled by a system administrator
or
IS organization.
(NEW) The Standard Client now includes Bare Metal Restore and Client
Encryption capabilities