Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog restore tampered with by robot inventory

2008-06-11 14:41:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog restore tampered with by robot inventory
From: "Jackson, Todd" <c-todd.jackson AT invitrogen DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:18:11 -0400
Guys,

Can a catalog recovery fail or cause issues if someone attempts to
inventory the robot while the catalog is restoring? I believe in NBU 5.1 and below
the cold catalog backup could not be disturbed or it could fail. How is this behavior of a catalog recovery
for 6.0 and 6.5 if someone disturbs the library? I was running a catalog recovery and one of the
datacenter guys decides to try and inventory tapes while it is happening. It seems the first 2 hours
the job was moving pretty quickly but since that incident has slown down.

This is for a catalog recovery from tape. Using a Master / Library and the media server (drive)
that it's assigned to.

Just curious if this is not an issue in 6.0 and up.

-Jackson