Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup exiting with Status code 2 - unable to verify nbdb database

2008-06-09 20:45:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup exiting with Status code 2 - unable to verify nbdb database
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Mark Glazerman <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:25:50 -0400 (EDT)
I opened a few, I do not/cannot find the latest one at the moment..

240-639-842 # was the beginning when I asked what was wrong/why was it
failing, they were not sure. They said to increase the timeouts/etc that
did not help.

Found it:

Case # 320-101-338
Closed
NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0 MP5
Summary
There is a bug I would like to report on NetBackup 6.0MP4+5.

Detail :

JUSTIN PISZCZ

There is a bug I would like to report on NetBackup 6.0MP4+5, I have found
a work-around but this bug needs to be addressed.

I have found the root cause of this and need to explain what was wrong.
6. First it was LOC1 now LOC2 is also having problems sometimes backing up
the catalog to tape. The error we get is shown below:
a. 1: (41) network connection timed out
b. 2: (0) the requested operation was successfully completed
c. Fortunately, it did retry and succeed, but it should not be failing the
Catalog Backups at all.

I reported it but it was in the 'researching' status for a week or so and
then it was pending close so from the engineer I think?  / In any event it
was closed at the end.

Plan of Action

Detail :
ISSUE: There is a bug I would like to report on NetBackup 6.0MP4+5.
STATUS: researching
ACTION: researching
NEXT CUSTOMER CONTACT: April 9th, 2008

Hope this helps.