Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Vault - Use alternate read server

2008-06-04 11:57:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Vault - Use alternate read server
From: selwyn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:38:17 -0400
There is a setting on the vault profile which will allow you to create all of
your duplicate copies using one media server.

In the vault profile, under the duplication tab is a check box for an alternate
read server.  Check this box and use the drop down list to select the name of
the media server with the physical tape drives attached.

As long as this media server can access the tapes with the original copies it
will be able to load them into a tape drive it controls, read them and copy
them to a physical drive without sending data over the network.

We have been creating our vaults this way for about one year.  It eliminates
the need to share the physical drives, and simplifies the vaulting process.