Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] strange situation-Adding the media server

2008-06-03 01:25:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] strange situation-Adding the media server
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:41:52 +0530

Hi All,

   I am running to a very strange stuation, of which Symantec also not able to provide any solution from last 1 month, they also keep asking for the same logs everytime.

  I have one Master server running on AIX 5.3 MP7 with Netbackup version 6.0 MP5. This master server has around 60 Media server attached to it(Including 58 SAN Media Server and 2 Normal Media server). I am running the SSO environment.
Now when i am adding the new media server, it actualy slows down the performance of the Master server, Master server nbrb daemon able to allocate the resources quickly, but after coming into the Connected state , it takes 12-15 minutes for actually mounting the drive and this time is increasing gradually and comes upto 1 hour.
 Now when i remove the media server from the configuration and recycle the master server services , everything becomes normal, Any help on this appreciated.

Abhishek Dhingra

IBM Global Services, Delhi,
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com
Mobile : +91-9818675370