Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to List Files in an Image

2008-05-29 22:36:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to List Files in an Image
From: "tim burlowski" <tim.burlowski AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:24:57 -0500
Couple of pointers. You could write a shell or perl script to wrap up
the following commands pretty easily.

To get the list of files and sizes backed up in the last 24 hours for
a certain policy.

> bpimagelist -hoursago 24 -policy <POLICY NAME> | grep '^IMAGE' | cut -d ' '
> -f  6 | xargs -i bpflist -backup id {} -rl 999 | cut -d ' ' -f 10,14

To get the list of media  for a certain policy backed up in the last 24 hours

> bpimagelist -hoursago 24 -policy <POLICY NAME> | grep '^FRAG' | cut -d ' ' -f
> 9 | uniq

The commands above should work for linux. Some UNIX flavors have
different options for xargs, but you get the idea.

tim

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Michal Kadari Langber
<MICHALLN AT cellcom.co DOT il> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> usr the bpflist commnd.
> you can use it with the backupid.
> the output is like bplist
>
> bpflist: [-l | -L | -U] [-v]
>    [-M master_server...]
>    [-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS][-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS]
>    [-ut <unixtime for start and end date>]
>    [-st sched_type]
>    [-policy policy_name][-client client_name]
>    [-keyword "keyword phrase"][-pattern fullpath]
>    [-pt policy_type]
>    [-user name][-group name][-raw mode]
>    [-backupid name][-force_print]
>    [-psep path_separator_character]
>    [-malgo match_algorithm (0 1 2 or 3)]
>    [-rl recursion_level (0..999)]
>    [-option <list of:
>        NONE ONE_PASS NO_HSHAKE GET_ALL_FILES
>        INCLUDE_TIR ONLY_TIR ONLY_DIRS FILESYSTEM_ONLY
>        ONE_CONNECT INCLUDE_RAW_INCR INCLUDE_BITMAP INCLUDE_FSMAP
>        INCLUDE_EDI IGNORE_CASE INCLUDE_EFI>]
>
> bpflist: -complete -policy policy_name [-client client_name][-st
> sched_type][-bt <unixtime>]
>
>       Valid values for sched_type:
>           FULL, INCR, CINC, UBAK, UARC, ANY, SCHED, USER, NOT_ARCHIVE
>
>       Valid values for policy_type:
>           Standard,  Oracle,  NetWare,  MS-Windows-NT,
>           OS/2,  MS-SQL-Server,  MS-Exchange-Server,
>           NDMP,  AFS,  NBU-Catalog,  PureDisk-Export

tim burlowski