Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Individual backup status emails

2008-05-29 16:52:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Individual backup status emails
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:39:45 -0500

Jeff,

We’ve seen some strange stuff going on with our email notifications too.  For about 3 days we didn’t get any catalog notifications and then all of a sudden they started up again.  As far as we know we are getting all the non 0 failure notifications too.  Luckily we don’t have a huge backup environment so it’s easy to check that the failures in the admin console match with the emails we receive and vice versa.

I’m interested to know what you mean by the daily full status report ?  Is this something new in 6.5 that shows an overall picture of the previous nights backups ?  How do you activate that feature ?

Mark Glazerman

Desk: 314-889-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to