Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor will not start

2008-05-28 10:31:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor will not start
From: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:16:51 -0400

All,

When I try and start the activity monitor on my Windows XP machine I get an error:

Activity monitor failed and must be restarted.

To recover, first correct the problem described below and click Refresh.

cannot connect on socket.

And when I run jnbSA from my SUSE linux box I get:

# jnbSA

The log file for this execution instance is

/usr/openv/java/logs/root.jnbSA.524.log

Your DISPLAY environment variable is set as follows:

localhost:12.0

java version "1.4.0_04"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_04-b04)

X connection to localhost:12.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

-Kevin