Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU - Subject Topic Context

2008-05-21 09:54:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU - Subject Topic Context
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Scott Jacobson" <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>, "nbu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:36:59 -0400
I doubt you'll get much out of this proposal:
1)  Some of the posts come from a on line forum.
2)  You'll always have newbies who don't know the rules.
3)  Sometimes the subject line is most relevant to the subject if a bit
lengthy and added details that could be put in the body in the subject
would simply make it too long.
4)  The point in this list isn't just to offer tips to others but to ask
questions hopefully with an eye to getting them answered.   Given that
it seems reasonable subscribers should open all messages to see if they
can offer the assistance requested rather than simply choose to read the
ones they think will help themselves.
5)  Why limit it to version? Why not platform (Windows 32 bit, Windows
64 bit, Windows XP, Windows NT version, Windows 2000, Windows 2003,
UNIX:  Solaris 8, 9, 10, OpenSolaris, FreeBSD, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23,
AIX...
6)  Some folks are just contrary. :-)

The deal is there is a lot of information that may or may not be
relevant to the question asked.  Ideally the user is including that in
their post.  If not one can question (as I did yesterday on the question
about x64).