Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up NW

2008-05-20 08:04:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up NW
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Fredrik <fredrik.dahlberg AT rps.police DOT se>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 06:44:31 -0500
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Fredrik <fredrik.dahlberg AT rps.police DOT se> wrote:
Any sugestion how to make the backup of Netware 6.5 servers over the LAN faster.

The NBU is 6.5.1 and it,s a 2MB WAN connection. I only get about 160KB a sec
from NBU. Is this top speed or ??

Check your bits and bytes.  I would expect your WAN connection to be 2 MBits/second (the common unit of measurement) and the NBU speed to be 160KBytes/second.  160KBytes/second is roughly 1.6MBits/second and you're not going to get much better than that - a WAN accelerator product may help but that's outside the scope of NetBackup.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP