Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Policy

2008-05-16 10:11:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Policy
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:51:19 -0500
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com> wrote:
Very interesting, anyone keep a list of known issues with 6.5.1?

I'm sure Veritas is.  :-)

6.5.2 is imminent anyway.  I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of the known issues with 6.5.1 won't affect the vast majority of users.  Having end users try to keep a list of the known issues is a waste of effort in my opinion.  If you have an issue, log a call and determine if what you're actually seeing matches the footprint of what Veritas already knows about.

Many issues that end users see aren't actually issues at all - they're misconfigurations, leftovers from earlier releases or conflicts with other applications on the systems, user error, and similar things that you really don't need to worry about.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP

If I've helped you, please make a donation to my favorite charity at http://firstgiving.com/edwilts