Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vnetd on NB_6.5

2008-05-15 11:00:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vnetd on NB_6.5
From: Carl Mathews <cmathews AT cavern.uark DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:31:31 -0500 (CDT)
I just upgraded to 6.5 from 5.1. Backup and restores are working alright.
I want to tighten up the Master Server firewall. In 6.5 in order for vnetd
to work a non-reserve port setting is always used. This is on the Host
Properties > Master Server > Client Attributes > Connect Options.  I
found the warning in both of the Administration manuals. So what
is the point of using vnetd if the firewall has to be opened for
non-reserved ports?  Thanks

Carl Mathews
University of Arkansas