Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Restore: Status 24, 13 & 41

2008-05-12 07:24:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Restore: Status 24, 13 & 41
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 07:06:41 -0400
> I'm trying to restore data from a full backup this week to the same
> hardware but a bigger raid set.  Everytime I run the restore, it fails
> after running for a few minutes with a status 24, 13 or 41.  The error
> 41 killed the OS (wouldn't reboot) but the 24s and 13s go "incomplete."
> I can reboot the machine and "resume" the restore which writes a few
> more files then hangs, but I think either I've misconfigured the restore
> or there's some sort of weird network error / incompatibility.

Could there be an issue with your new RAID array? The machine crashing and
not rebooting makes me think that there's something more than a Netbackup
problem going on. Those status codes could all be a symptom of the client
hanging or crashing. Anything in your /var/log/messages file?

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

Nothing should be prized more highly than the value of each day.