Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Restore: Status 24, 13 & 41

2008-05-09 15:31:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Restore: Status 24, 13 & 41
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:16:53 -0400
Master / Media: NBU 6.5.1 on Windows Server 2003
Client: NBU 5.1 MP6 on Redhat 4 ES

I'm trying to restore data from a full backup this week to the same
hardware but a bigger raid set.  Everytime I run the restore, it fails
after running for a few minutes with a status 24, 13 or 41.  The error
41 killed the OS (wouldn't reboot) but the 24s and 13s go "incomplete."
I can reboot the machine and "resume" the restore which writes a few
more files then hangs, but I think either I've misconfigured the restore
or there's some sort of weird network error / incompatibility.

Apparently error 24s are somewhat common.  Anyone have any ideas on
where to start troubleshooting?

-Jonathan