Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Best Practice - Virus Scanning on windows FS's.

2008-05-06 01:52:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Best Practice - Virus Scanning on windows FS's.
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Jason Slagle" <raistlin AT tacorp DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:40:00 +0100
Jason
Any additional I/O that can put a load on the file system during a
backup should be turned off, especially AV (even Symantec will tell you
this).

I have been away, so playing catch up with emails, but alot could also
depend on the type of files, the size of the files and the backbone
behind the system

SAN Media Server or Flashbackup (Both extension modules for NBU) could
help. But as a start, ensure no system or scheduled tasks are running,
turn off AV and any disk defrag software, or any software that could be
causing this.

ALSO, disable tracker.exe - I hate it!! By default, its on. (Start / RUN
and type msconfig.exe and in the startup tab disable tracker.exe)

Let us know how you get on

Simon