Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How can I archive data offsite inexpensively?

2008-05-05 17:38:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How can I archive data offsite inexpensively?
From: selwyn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:21:28 -0400
We have regulatory requirements to keep copies of some data at an offsite
location for 10 years.  We have been using 9840 tapes to store this
data--however at 80 a tape this is getting expensive.   [Shocked]

We would like to continue to use Netbackup to track the MediaID and images
backed up on the media.  I explored the use of recordable DVD's but these do
not appear to be supported by Netbackup.   [Crying or Very sad]

Has anyone come up with an inexpensive solution to this problem?  [Question]