Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 24, Issue 68

2008-04-29 14:48:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 24, Issue 68
From: "Nick Majeran" <nmajeran AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, ewilts AT ewilts DOT org
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:17:05 -0500
That's not exactly true; we didn't see issues with an inordinate
number of bpdbm processes on MP5 until the images which were corrupt
had expired and were ready to be pruned from the catalog were unable
to be processed.  In our case, it was between three and six months
after those images were initially written.

In our case, we had another process fail (hot catalog backups) which
led us to the corrupt images and the large number of bpdbm problems.
Now, I'm not trying to say that is his issue, however, it did happen
to us on a select few images that were written with MP5.

-- nick