Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Policy to only start after previous policy completed (6 MP4)

2008-04-29 11:22:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Policy to only start after previous policy completed (6 MP4)
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:59:06 +0000
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:45:25AM -0400, pcg wrote:
> In order to maximise the tape useage, I want to be able to have it so no
> matter what time Policy 1 finishes, Policy 2 will not start until Policy 1 is
> completed.
>
> Is there a way to put a dependency on policies under 6.0 MP4?

Usually this is done by having the policy start at the same time (or at
least before the previous one is done).  Then if there's only one drive
available, the other policy will queue until the drive is available.
Once resources are free, the job will start running.

Is there some reason that having the policies start about the same time
wouldn't work properly for you?