Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.1 and VCB 1.1

2008-04-29 09:21:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.1 and VCB 1.1
From: UlrichJU <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:03:16 -0400
I have installed and running Netbackup for VMWare and VCB.  It all works great.
  The question I have now is that they are planning on putting one of the
servers on our BRP list on a VM.   So I will now have to restore this at our
offsite location during disaster recovery.   What will I need at my DR site to
accomplish this?   I am assuming and ESX box, Virtual center and a VCB/media
server at our offsite location to do this restore?   Or can I restore without
VCB and use my normal media servers?     I am working on updating our DR plan
and wanted to get this covered.