Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Emulex cards and RHEL5?

2008-04-28 09:48:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Emulex cards and RHEL5?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
Anyone here use Emulex cards and RHEL5?  It seems to have persistent
binding on by default?

Previously, our old environment consisted of QLogic HBAs and when you
disconnect/re-connect a tape drive, everything just works.

By default with RHEL5 when you disconnect a drive and re-attach it, and
then check cat /proc/scsi/scsi, it shows a new device and thinks the old
one is still persisting..  I have not read the docs yet, just began
looking at this an hour ago but it seems like I need to turn off
persistent binding(?) in order to keep the same behvaior as the QLogic
boards?

RHEL5 also has UDEV which may also play a role, a lot of things changed
obviously, just trying to narrow it down at the moment.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Justin.