Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master Server :(

2008-04-24 12:58:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master Server :(
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:40:10 -0400
PowerEdge 2950 here with 2 x Quad Core Intel Procs w/ 2.33Ghz and 4GB of
ram running Windows 2003 SP2 and NBU 6.5.1.  We backup 28TB a week with
two media servers and local storage (Dell PV MD1000s w/ SATA
Disks)without issue.  My biggest issue was the 100GB catalog being on a
simple mirror.  I quickly found that I needed to popular my internal
storage with SAS Disks and a raid-5.  Other than that, I don't think you
need another OS or a beefier box.

-Jonathan