Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Best Practice - Virus Scanning on windows FS's.

2008-04-24 10:15:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Best Practice - Virus Scanning on windows FS's.
From: "Tharp, Trey" <Trey.Tharp AT allstate DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:32:30 -0500
The virus scanner should exclude the bpbkar32.exe process. But, I don't
think that's your root issue here, but rather the millions of files.
Once you start breaking the 1-2 million mark performance goes off a
cliff when doing normal backups.

The best way for you to speed up your backups at this point is to use
the FlashBackup option which will do a raw backup of the drive and still
allow the ability to do individual file restores.

-Trey