Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] creating script to run VCB commands for Virtual Machine Backup

2008-04-24 06:58:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] creating script to run VCB commands for Virtual Machine Backup
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:41:13 +0100 (BST)
I have been able use Vmware Consolidated Backup to create a full copy of a VM using the vcbMounter command. When i do this the VM is copied to a folder on my backup server and I can then back this VM up.

I know that I can use the bpstart_notify command to call a script but how do i integrate this process into a script? Which VCB commands do I need to use in the script?

Should I be using the vcbMounter command  or should i be using the vcbSnapshot command?

Which command should i use to cleanup the copy of the VM once the backup has completed?

If possible could someone send me a copy of the contents of a script that they use when VCB backups are implemented for full VM backups?

Thanks, Mark