Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Ip change on master server

2008-04-23 10:05:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Ip change on master server
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:41:15 -0400

Yes, you can change the IP address on a master server, we just moved our master to a new location
and changed the IP address.  The key with Netbackup is to be sure the DNS entries are correct

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

"Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/23/2008 08:33 AM

"Jerry Rioux" <jerryrioux AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Ip change on master server

I'm not 100% sure, but I was always told no, you cannot change the IP.
Maybe someone else can help, sorry.

-Kevin