Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to regain disk space from failed backup to DSU

2008-04-18 09:51:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to regain disk space from failed backup to DSU
From: "Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
To: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:32:59 -0400
Dave,
Thank you for your answer.

A) Don't think I can expire files from failed backup - I think that
they never made it to the NetBackup database (because the backup
failed :) ) . At least I don't see files from failed backups in
"bpimmedia -L" output.

B) I am afraid that removing those files can confuse NetBackup.

I am looking for the way to tell NetBackup "do garbage removal now"
(this is NetBackup 3.4).

Thank you,
Aleksandr