Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore reports

2008-04-17 15:48:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore reports
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:27:27 -0500

I second the backup reporting tool suggestion. I've used Aptare at two different companies and it is super-easy to get reports on the exact situation (and many others!) you describe.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/17/2008 01:44 PM

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore reports

I know this won't help now, but for future needs, you might consider getting a tool like Aptare.  You can go back
as far as several years and generate a report that shows restores for any period you choose.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

griff <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/17/2008 12:42 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Restore reports

Is there anyway to generate a report of some kind for completed restores?  We have a requirement to show restores that have been completed in the past.  Maybe there is a command that can pull that information but I haven't found it yet.  We're using Netbackup 6.0MP4.  Any help is appreciated.

|This was sent by jfairburn AT earthlink DOT net via Backup Central.

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.