Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best way to convert Master to Media?

2008-04-17 12:16:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best way to convert Master to Media?
From: "Tony T." <rollthebones AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:47:24 -0500
Hi all,

I have an environment that was set up a while ago and possibly not in the best configuration:  two separate locations about 5 miles apart, each with one Master server.
Bandwidth between the sites is a T1, so I am not sure if it is feasible but we will be upgrading soon from 5.1 to 6.5   I suggested we look into the possibility of merging the environments
into one master and one media since it would ease some of the management burden of dealing with two separate environs.

First off, what steps can I take to ensure that this would be a wise move?

Assuming it would be beneficial, is there a  procedure to convert a Master into a Media while retaining all of the catalog information?

TIA,

--
)
(