Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] install client with ssh

2008-04-17 09:09:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] install client with ssh
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: richard.hale AT pegs DOT com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:47:39 +0100
Thanks dude, ill give the rsh rename a go. I know i tried this on older
versions and it didnt seem to work but Im happy editing scripts so will
set keys up and try.

To answer some other replies :-

Im not on v 6.5 and being in a large company with stupid rules and
customer change controls and accreditations etc i cant upgrade to 6.5 soon.
Im remotely managing hundreds of clients in a datacenter and putting a
CD into a new client just is not feasible.

There is nothing under the /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/ tree
which has sftp or ssh in it from the server install and so i assume
people who have these scripts have created them.

I dont see any sftp or ssh install scripts under Linux or BSD client
directories either.

If someone does have them would they mind mailing me a copy and i could
then try and hack the Solaris one.

Weird thing is i cant see why it doesnt work globally replacing ftp with
sftp as when i run a diff on my v5 scripts i cant see that much else has
changed.

Cheers