Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?

2008-04-14 13:54:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, "Jim Horalek" <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:30:36 -0400

Actually we have some quite large (2TB+) Oracle Test/Trng databases using ATA drives in a Clariion CX700 arrays and get decent performance out of those.   Of course that is hardware RAID.   Not sure what the SUN Thumper uses.

The database on NBU is relatively small by comparison though at the moment we do still have ours on EMC Symmetrix (DMX3) but that is more for the warm fuzzy we get from Symmetrix reliability.