Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Unix -> Linux migration

2008-04-10 16:54:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Unix -> Linux migration
From: "Peacock Dennis - dpeaco" <Dennis.Peacock AT acxiom DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:29:05 -0500
We had to move a Netbackup 5.1 Master from one AIX master server to a
newer AIX master server with a new name from the old box. It required
Netbackup Consulting services to get it moved and fixed.

We also had to do the same thing for when a customer of ours decided to
go from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 with Global Zones and the master name
was different than the old master name. That also required Netbackup
Consulting services.

It's not pretty, but it can be done. :-)

Thank You,
Dennis Peacock
EBCA
Acxiom Corporation