Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?

2008-04-10 08:58:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?
From: "rcarlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:39:30 -0400
Jon,

It really has nothing to do with the size...just the performance.  It is not
the x86 architecture that Sybase has an issue with as far as I know because
we have only seen the issue on the Thumper.  I just know that anytime we
have put Sybase on the Thumper the performance has been bad.  Someone,
somewhere, may have had a good experience with it...but I haven't seen it
yet so I can't recommend it.  Also is the BMR factor I mentioned.