Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?

2008-04-09 20:35:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?
From: "rcarlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: "'Jeff Bryer'" <bryer AT sfu DOT ca>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 20:22:06 -0400
NOOOOOOOO.....sorry, just feel pretty adamant about it.  We have had a
couple of customers insist on trying it and have always had to back them
out.  The Thumper does not seem to react very well to the Sybase database
and you get lousy performance.  Another thing to note...the x86 platform
does not support the BMR database, so if you want to take advantage of that
free functionality in 6.5 you can't on the Thumper.

We are a Sun and a Symantec partner, so I fully support Sun systems and love
them as Master/Media servers...just not that one.

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation