Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Mailing list replies before questions?

2008-04-09 14:51:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Mailing list replies before questions?
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:27:51 -0400
My experience is that many times I get a reply from someone before I get
the original post.  I think that is similar to Jeff below.  However,
occasionally I get the OP before any replies and I reply, causing the
issue above for other people.  There are so many factors to consider its
ridiculous.  Better options are RSS feeds or a web based service (HTTP
etc...)  eMail wasn't designed to be time sensitive (despite what my
Blackberry wearing VPs think.)

Sometimes I'm thankful that I'm not the email admin.  Then I remember
I'm the backup admin and ANYTHING is better. =P

-Jonathan