Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NBU

2008-04-07 17:02:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NBU
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:37 -0500

NetBackup is one of the best tools to find problems within your network. If you expect good/high performing backups, you need a solid infrastructure. If your network is not in good shape, don't expect stellar backups.
Network admins misunderstand how NetBackup works and typically do not take this into account when designing a network or troubleshooting problems.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

03/31/2008 05:06 PM

<VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NBU

Hey there, folks!  I'm working very hard on my next book, which will
have some product-specific information in it.  I'm covering multiple
products, so I won't go TOO deep on individual products, but I'd like to
do my best to cover misunderstood or frequently asked topics for each
major product.  I figured that no one would know better than this list
which topics people tend to get confused.

What topics do you think should go on that list?  (I've got my personal
preferences, but I don't want to prejudice your thoughts.)  What are the
top 5/20/30 things about NBU that you think people get wrong?

TIA

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies