Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Nbmail not working

2008-04-07 16:02:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Nbmail not working
From: Norman_Ellis AT discovery DOT com
To: "Santhakumar, Siva" <Siva.Santhakumar AT navitaire DOT com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:35:15 -0400

Check your smtp server and make sure it's not blocking. if it is then add your servers IP to the list.

"Santhakumar, Siva" <Siva.Santhakumar AT navitaire DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/07/2008 01:22 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Nbmail not working

Hi Veritas Gurus,

We have freshly installed NBU 6 MP 5 on a windows server. I have also
installed blat to send mail out as per Veritas KB 254809. I have
confirmed blat is working fine. Tested with sending an email from
command line.

I have modified nbmail.cmd as per Veritas KB, and this is how my
nbmail.cmd file looks like this.

@IF "%~4"=="" ( blat %3 -s %2 -t 1% -q
) ELSE (
blat %3 -s %2 -t 1% -q -attach %4
)

Since server and from address is already defined in blat I am leaving
-server and -i options

I have enabled logging to trouble shoot this issue. So this what I see
in the log.

08:20:26.901 [4804.1664] <2> sendViaScript: attempting to send mail
08:20:26.901 [4804.1664] <2> sendViaScript: C:\Program
Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\nbmail.cmd "admin AT myserver DOT com" "Backup on
bk101 - 0" "C:\DOCUME~1\BACKUP~2\LOCALS~1\Temp\nb_202.tmp"
08:20:32.073 [4804.1664] <2> bpbrm Exit: client backup EXIT STATUS 0:
the requested operation was successfully completed

But I am not getting any emails from VERITAS.

Could you help me please?

Siva Santhakumar ( Santha )

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by shopping online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, LLC.