Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Code 150s

2008-04-05 17:40:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 150s
From: comp_geek_gal <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:22:25 -0400
A quick note - typically bpsched 150's  without intervention by admin can  be
caused by:

 - lack of swap (that's typically the reseason for the fork error)

-  lack of message queue space...bpsched message queues take 300 to 500 bytes a
piece so a 64k message queue size will handle about 200 backup streams going
into the worklist and active a time.

-  the bpsched memory leak issue (I believe that's resolved in mp6)

note Mikes comment about HP/UX and total memory that can be allocated system
wide for 32bit apps.  Also that the message queue size on HP is limited to 64 k.

Deb