Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR - TFTP & DHCP

2008-04-04 18:03:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR - TFTP & DHCP
From: James Pattinson <jamesp AT hisser DOT org>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:49:14 +0100
Hi All

Been playing with BMR on Solaris & Windows, and both seem to work
impressively well.

My issue is with the PXE booting on the Windows side - it works, but I
have no idea how it's working. I have a UNIX DHCP server on my network,
that's handing out IP addresses, but not TFTP server information.

How is my newly-booted client getting the address of the TFTP server?

I am trying to understand this to be able to turn around to my customer
and tell that what the procedure will be in *their* network.

Cheers,

James