Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question regarding (71) none of the files in the filelist exist

2008-04-03 11:32:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question regarding (71) none of the files in the filelist exist
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <Norman_Ellis AT discovery DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:05:28 -0400

If I understand your question the answer is yes.

That is to say that NBU builds the list of files to backup at the beginning of the backup.  If you change something after the backup has started it isn’t unusual to see an error.  Since you say the engineer admitted to making the change after the backup started it would explain why you got the 71 error AND why you didn’t backup what he created – the newly created directory wasn’t there at the time it created the list for backup.

Have you attempted to run the backup since the original 71 error?  If the above was the issue then it should work this time (assuming he doesn’t again change something in mid-stream).