Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Off-Topic Question

2008-04-03 10:00:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Off-Topic Question
From: "Peacock Dennis - dpeaco" <Dennis.Peacock AT acxiom DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:33:35 -0500

Jonathan,

What you want is Hardware Encryption. Software Encryption will hit you really HARD in your backup performance. We tested all this via software and LTO-3 tape drives and went from 60MB per second per tape drive to 6MB per second per tape drive. The other thing to remember and work on is the Encryption key management piece of it. Encrypted backups are great until you need to do a restore and you can’t because the Encryption Key is missing. J

Thank You,

Dennis Peacock

EBCA

Acxiom Corporation