Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 index size

2008-03-28 18:27:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 index size
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:06:48 -0500

Pre 6.x versions had a formula for estimating catalog size in the manual. I haven't seen it in the 6.x docs, but I'm sure it is there somewhere. As Ed stated, the more objects the catalog has to keep track of, the larger it will be. You also should consider any duplications you'll be doing, either from dssu's or vault.

Also, if you think your catalog will be pretty big, I'd recommend getting with a backline engineer to find out what kind of things to expect if the catalog approaches a certain size. It would be interesting to find out what the theoretical size limit of the new database would be.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

03/28/2008 10:27 AM

Dariusz.Klar AT sun DOT com
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 index size