Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help backing up and restoring an IBM Websphere Server

2008-03-12 20:01:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help backing up and restoring an IBM Websphere Server
From: Adam Bolton <abbolton AT usatoday DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:49:10 -0400
My Veritas NBU Info:

Veritas NBU 5.0 MP5 on W2K3 Server

My challenge:

I need to backup and successfully restore a Windows 2003 server running IBM
Websphere and a few other basic applications. In the event of a full system
failure I will have physical access to the server and can do a base reload
of the OS, join it to my AD domain, and install the NBU client by hand. I
have done several system state and all drives (C:\ and D:\) backups, but
have not been able to use these to restore the server to a useable
condition.I need to plan for a worst case scenario where the server has a
physical failure that requires a ground up rebuild. As stated earlier the OS
isn't an issue, but our development team have done a tone of work on the
Websphere side that would take them weeks to recreate.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.