Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a 6.0 environment from catalog backup?

2008-03-12 15:51:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a 6.0 environment from catalog backup?
From: kdeems AT parker DOT com
To: Mike Kiles <mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:20:53 -0400
Gents;

How are you sending your Catalog DR recovery file and report off-site?  For
example if your at Sungard testing, how do you retrieve your DR recovery
file and report?

Thanks

             Mike Kiles
             <mikekiles@yahoo.
             Sent by:                  Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com, Justin

             veritas-bu-bounce         Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>

             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub
cc
             urn.edu                   veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu,
                                       veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng DOT
aubu
                                       rn.edu
             03/12/2008 03:03                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a
                                       6.0 environment from catalog
                                       backup?

I have done it with the DR file, but the catch is that
you have to restore on the master with the same name.
We wanted to restore to a different name, but were
told by Symantec that it cant be done. In old days of
bprecover we used to use -dhost to recover catalogs to
a master server with different name.

Cheers
--- Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com wrote:

> My impression is that you need the DR file. Period.
> I haven't tested it so
> I can't say, though.
>
> Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS â–ª Sr. Storage
> Engineer â–ª SunGard
> Availability Services â–ª 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200,
> Houston TX 77079 â–ª
> 281-584-4693
> Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪
> http://availability.sungard.com/
> P Think before you print
> CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any
> attachments) may contain
> confidential, proprietary and privileged
> information, and unauthorized
> disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received
> this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from
> your system.
>

> Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
> Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
> 03/11/2008 11:48 AM

> veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
> cc
>
> Subject
> [Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a 6.0 environment from
> catalog backup?
>

> With < 6.0x you bprecover -r and you're pretty much
> all set; however, for
> 6.0 it also writes out a DR file, has anyone done
> recovery testing both
> WITH and WITHOUT the DR file?
>
> Justin.

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation."