Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP5 - Jobs queued, not going active

2008-03-12 09:14:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP5 - Jobs queued, not going active
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:54:24 +0200
Hi

To cut a long story short - NBU 6.0 MP6!

I've received a number of suggestions from list members - stop/start
nbrb, stop/start nbemm, etc. Nothing worked. We spent 3 days with
Symantec 'level 4' engineers on the phone and webex sessions, passed
every 8 hours to the next country, sending gigabytes of logs with NO
solution/action plan from them....

We saw a couple of fixes for nbrb in MP6 README. Support did not believe
that it would solve the problem (they tried for 2 day to convince us
that we have device or device config problems before admitting there
SEEMS to be a problem with nbrb...)

We eventually installed MP6 - backups have been running fine for more
that 24 hours!

Marianne