Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS]

2008-03-12 09:04:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS]
From: "Travis Kelley" <rhatguy AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT redstor DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:38:21 -0400
Exactly.  We have SERVER entries for each of our media servers nics in
or clients bp.conf so then we just route traffic OUT whichever nic we
want on the media server and the client connects back and sends data
to that nic.

I'm not sure why you would want to have different storage units on the
same media server for its different virtual hostnames.  We write data
to the same tape stu no matter which nic it rides in on.  Maybe I'm
understanding some of the other posts on this thread wrong?