Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Mailbox backup error?

2008-03-10 23:10:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Mailbox backup error?
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, "Lawler, Michael C." <MCLawler AT cooperstandard DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:49:40 -0400

Simon,

What tools would those be?  AFAIK, you still can’t do single mailbox recovery without doing a BLB.  The only internal tool I know if is to recover a storage group and then grab the mailbox you need out of there, but that’s still lame, IMNSHO – especially since many people only have one storage group, and the storage groups they do have are still quite large.

Am I missing some internal tools?

---

W. Curtis Preston

Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com

VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies