Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file

2008-03-06 23:29:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file
From: mojomagix <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:14:20 -0500
Hi Jeff.

Is this a single master/media server or do you have multiple media servers?  If
the latter, is this error isolated to clients that are backed up by a
particular media server?  The reason I ask is that bpbrm is a process that runs
on a media server, not a client.  So, if the media server is the common point
of failure (common point of the error message) it would make sense that your
colleague got the same message.

Also, bpbrm is a "legacy" process.  There are a lot of things going on under
the covers, but the nblog.conf file is a configuration file for "unified" (NBU
6.0 and above) processes.  If nblog.conf is truly the problem, it's interesting
that a legacy process is trying to read a unified configuration file.

It's very surprising that either /opt/openv/logs or usr/openv/logs doesn't
exist.  What version of Netbackup is involved?